Fri, Jul 29|
Intro to Yoga Bodywork
Learn the art of skillful hands-on assists for your yoga classes and private clients, with principles of Pranassage, Reiki and TCM.
Time & Location
Jul 29, 2022, 5:30 PM – Jul 31, 2022, 3:00 PM
Nampa, 16175 N High Desert St, Nampa, ID 83687, USA
About the Event
This weekend immersion integrates principles of Pranassage (™), Reiki and Traditional Chinese Medicine. You will learn the art of giving noninvasive assists and adjustments in a yoga class, providing you with the confidence to freely move about the room or work with a private yoga client.
We will have ample time to practice the skills to refine your touch and hands-on technique, while learning how to sense and move energy. This immersion will up-level your yoga teaching, providing you with the ability to offer a deeper experience for your students.
Marisa Radha Weppner, ERYT500, is a certified Pranassage (™) Practicitioner and 1000 hr Nosara Yoga Master Educator. She has been giving hands-on assists to her yoga students for over 20 years.
Rachel Burke is a certified Amma Bodywork Therapist, delighting in the acupressure massage form since 2010. She enjoys weaving together truths found in wisdom practices to generate a more holistic perspective for navigating these changing times. She is passionate about being a mother, playing the djembe, and nature.
Crystal Moore is a Reiki Master, certified in the lineages of USUI, Komyo ReikiDo, Kundalini, and Crystal Reiki. She launched the Crystal Touch Reiki Certification in 2020, which is a blend of many energetic healing practices to include Reiki, Crystal healing, Eden Medicine, & Meditation, where she guides participants to create strong foundations for strengthening their intuition to natural divine healing.
Crystal is also a Yoga/Meditation/Mindfulness guide, Ayurvedic Esthetician, & Sound/Crystal healing practitioner. She offers moon ceremonies, retreats, workshops, coaching, energy sessions, and esthetics in the community. One of the greatest joys she has experienced is sharing her work with the community and offering the same practices that have been so powerful and life altering for herself. Crystal's greatest passion & dharma in this lifetime is to be a vessel of unconditional love. Her intention with each class offering is to guide you to profound self-love and acceptance and to allow love to radiate within and through you!
- Adjustments vs assists
- Why we touch
- Trauma-Informed Touch
- Correct body positions for giving assists and adjustments
- How to move into and out of a student’s space
- How to give assists and adjustments in fundamental yoga postures: Sun salutations, standing poses, foward bends, twists, backbends and savasana
- How to spot an unsafe position or alignment
- Working with private clients
- Professionalism of hands-on touch
- Practice giving hands on assists and adjustments
- Recommended reading list and handouts provided
- Hand sensitivity exercises
- Points to Liberate Qi
- Meridians and Lines of Energy
- Reiki and Energy Healing
- Gain confidence in getting off your teaching mat and into the room!
- Learn to safely provide your students with hands on cueing
- Learn how to keep your own body safe and comfortable while working hands on with students
- Learn when Not to assist
- Help students gain a deeper awareness of their body and breath
- Learn how to adapt poses for different bodies
- Learn how to create clear energetic boundaries and safe space for all
- Understand the art and science of the body's energy
In-Person Sessions at Xpression in Nampa
Fri 5:30 - 9:30 pm
Sat 10 - 5 pm
Sun 9 - 3 pm
Yoga Alliance CEU's available
Pay on Venmo @marisaweppner (as a friend) to save fees
+$7.25 service fee
+$7.25 service fee0