Fri, Apr 29|
Yoga and Altered States
A virtual weekend training exploring the altered states of yoga as a tool for understanding the nature of reality.
Time & Location
Apr 29, 2022, 5:30 PM MDT – May 01, 2022, 3:00 PM MDT
About the Event
Yogis are natural explorers of human consciousness and potential. The art and science of yoga is a tool for understanding the nature of reality and accessing the divine in everyday life. In this virtual weekend immersion we will look to the traditions of yoga for practices that explore the mind and learn what they discovered about the Self. You will explore the intersection of yoga and non ordinary states of consciousness with the current psychedelic revolution and how it applies to modern healing and your yoga teaching or wellness practice. Learn how to access deeper states of mind to unlock creativity, intuition and trauma healing.
- Marisa Radha Weppner, MA, ERYT500, Psychedelic Guide
- Celeste Bolin, RYT, PhD, Neurotoxicologist
- Punnu Wasu, Breathwork, Reiki and Meditation Teacher
- Joan Hendrickson, RYT, Hypnotherapist
- Yoga nidra
- Kundalini awakening
- Yogic science of mind
- States of consciousness
- What is reality?
- What does it mean to be human?
- Neurobiology of altered states
- How to ground
- Spiritual emergency
- Yoga Therapy
- How yogic practices can enhance and support mind expanding experiences
- A deeper understanding of the nature of the mind
- How to safely move into and out of altered states
- The Do’s and Don’t’s and harm reduction
- Creating a positive set and setting
- Direct experience of embodied practices
- Techniques for enhancing your everyday life
- An understanding of psychedelics and their role in health, healing and self awakening
Marisa Radha Weppner, MA, ERYT500 has been actively exploring her own consciousness for over 25 years. As a master yoga educator, meditation teacher, ketamine therapist, psychedelic guide and somatic practitioner, Radha leads students and clients in navigating the bridge between body and mind for accessible healing, self discovery and connection. She is passionate about helping humans to reach their highest potential.
Radha is also a faculty member of the Esalen Institute and a co-founder of Journey Space - an online platform for musically guided journeys. Listen to her meditation album Guidance on all streaming platforms.
Sessions Via Zoom, in MST:
- Fri 5:30 - 9:30 pm
- Sat 9 - 5 pm
- Sun 8 - 3 pm
Yoga Alliance CEU's available
The teachers for this training do not endorse, encourage, promote, or assist with any illegal activities involving controlled substances. While we promote an individual’s own work towards personal growth and healing, we do not provide mental health or medical services. If you need such services, please contact a mental health or medical provider.